If you have insomnia, you may:
- find it hard to fall asleep
- you may lay awake for long periods at night
- wake up constantly in the night
- wake up earlier than you wanted to in the morning and not be able to get back to sleep
- not feel refreshed when you get up
- find it difficult to switch off
- feel tired and irritable during the day and have difficulty concentrating
How can Hypnotherapy for Insomnia help?
Hypnotherapy for Insomnia Norwich | Occasional episodes of insomnia may come and go without causing any serious problems, but for some people it can last for months or even years at a time.Persistent insomnia can have a significant impact on your quality of life. It can limit what you’re able to do during the day, affect your mood, and lead to relationship problems with friends, family and colleagues.
What causes insomnia?
Insomnia Support Norwich | There are many reasons for people to suffer with insomnia here are just a few-
- stress and anxiety
- holding on to past traumas/concerns
- a subconscious need to stay on guard or alert
- a poor sleeping environment – such as an uncomfortable bed, or a bedroom that’s too light, noisy, hot or cold
- lifestyle choices– such as overworked, drinking alcohol or caffeine before going to bed, stimulants such as cigarettes
- mental health conditions – such as depression
- physical health conditions – such as heart problems, other sleep disorders , hormones or long-term pain
- certain medicines – such as some antidepressants, epilepsy medicines and steroid medication
What you can do about it
Using a variety of techniques including Hypnotherapy for Insomnia, Emotional Freedom Technique, Reiki Healing, Meditation, Practical lifestyle Upgrades, Habit Breaking to name a few -whichever are right for your particular needs. Once we can understand why you are having problems sleeping we can find peace with these concerns and rebuild new more beneficial habits for improved sleep.